|Home > Careers & Training > Paramedic Opportunities
January 2014 Recruitment is closed.
- Submit your résumé via Talent Flow at www.toronto.ca/employment (ensure “AEMCA certified or AEMCA pending and F Class licence” are in the first paragraph. Click HERE for the link or go to www.toronto.ca/employment then click on ongoing opportunities.
- Register online at www.stage1.eventzilla.net for a written exam time and date.
- Provide your AEMCA, AEMCA equivalency, or a Letter of Expectation to graduate from your college and F class licence for entry into the written exam.
- All successful candidates will be notified by email of how to register for a practical (Stage 2) testing date.
- Ensure all remaining documentation (click here to download required documentation) is available for presentation by the Interview date (Stage 3).
- Stage 3 (Interviews) and Stage 4 (Driving Test) will take place following successful completion of Stage 2 (Practical Testing).
- You will need to provide your PAE (Ability Works) or PAA (Sibley) prior to your lifting portion during Stage 2.
Applicants from jurisdictions outside the Province of Ontario without their Advanced Emergency Medical Care Assistant (A-EMCA) designation will be required to enter the equivalency process with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care in order to establish their qualifications to work in the Province of Ontario.
For more information on paramedic employment with the City of Toronto, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Toronto EMS will require proof of a valid Class F Ontario driver’s licence, and your AEMCA or a letter of expectation to graduate for admission into the entrance exam.
Toronto EMS requires proof of a valid successful Physical Agility Evaluation (PAE) document from Ability Works or PAA from Sibley and Associates dated no earlier than September 1, 2013. You must scan and e-mail the attachment to email@example.com. You must have authorized Ability Works and/or Sibley to release the “verified” results to Toronto EMS. Please contact Ability Works at www.awci.caor Sibley at www.sibley.ca for more information.
The City of Toronto only accepts job applications through our online form. Please do not email or mail résumés or applications directly to Toronto EMS.
Applicants are responsible for the safe and timely arrival of their documents. All applications and résumés are kept on file for a period of six months. Committed to employment equity, The City of Toronto encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, racial minorities and women.