|Home > Careers & Training > Paramedic Opportunities
The current recruitment call is now closed.
The next recruitment will occur in January 2014.
If you are currently registered for Stage 2 (practical)
- Check your email for updates.
- Bring your AEMCA, F License, your base hospital letter of good standing, and your cross certification application to your practical test (cross cert. application must be in colour).
- Ensure all remaining documentation (click here for required documentation) is available for presentation by the Interview date (Stage 3).
- Stage 3 (Interviews) December 2nd to December 9th.
- Stage 4 (Driving) November 25th to December 17th.
- Orientation January 6th to January 30th.
Applicants from jurisdictions outside the Province of Ontario without their Advanced Emergency Medical Care Assistant (A-EMCA) designation will be required to enter the equivalency process with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care in order to establish their qualifications to work in the Province of Ontario.
For more information on paramedic employment with the City of Toronto, please email: email@example.com
Toronto EMS will require proof of a valid Class F Ontario driver’s licence, and your AEMCA or a letter of expectation to graduate for admission into the entrance exam.
Toronto EMS requires proof of a valid successful Physical Agility Evaluation (PAE) document from Ability Works or PAA from Sibley and Associates dated no earlier than September 1, 2013. You must scan and e-mail the attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must have authorized Ability Works and/or Sibley to release the “verified” results to Toronto EMS. Please contact Ability Works at www.awci.ca or Sibley at www.sibley.ca for more information.
The City of Toronto only accepts job applications through our online form. Please do not email or mail résumés or applications directly to Toronto EMS.
Applicants are responsible for the safe and timely arrival of their documents. All applications and résumés are kept on file for a period of six months. Committed to employment equity, The City of Toronto encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, racial minorities and women.